Advocacy, Signposting and Advice (ASA)
Our ASA service runs across the country and aims to support people with learning difficulties and their supporters or carers to find services and support close to their home. People can contact us to get support on anything that they feel they need support with. This could be about:
- Accessing support and services
- Using Access to Work
- Finding independent advocacy
- Understanding changes to benefit
- Hate crime
- Getting accessible information
- Making complaints
- Accessing employment, voluntary roles and education
Depending on what problem you need support with, our staff will:
- Offer advocacy: this means we can get in touch and speak to organisations for you, to find out the choices that you have and the way that you can move forward.
- Signpost: this means we will find the right organisation to support you to deal with the problem.
- Give advice: we will use our experience to give you accessible information, so that you can deal with the problem.