Volunteer your time
The benefits of volunteering
If you're wondering why you should volunteer, consider how this experience can benefit you and others. There are various benefits of volunteering with People First (Self Advocacy), including:
- Make a difference to people's lives
- Be recognised for the skills and experience you bring to our organisation
- Learn new skills that could help your career
- Gain valuable work experience
- Meet new people from different backgrounds
- Be a part of a team
Volunteering is open to everyone, from all backgrounds
There’s no upper age limit, though you’ll need to be at least 18 to apply. We’re especially keen to hear from Disabled people.
You may be unsure how volunteering fits your background, health or personal circumstances. But whatever your life experience, we’d value your contribution.
You can volunteer if you’re an asylum seeker. Volunteering won’t affect any benefits you get. We offer support for people to apply.
You can choose how much time you give and we'll give you the support you need.